I get many requests for help from entrepreneurs based on my experience and the content on my blog.
While I enjoy helping, I am not always the best fit depending on the problems you are facing.
To help save time, I've put together the following list of the main ways I can help you build your company.
If you think I can help you based on this, feel free to contact me as I'd love to help.
1. Leadership and Team Building
Over the past 20 years as a CEO and CTO I have built teams as small as 3 and as large as 100 across multiple industries, hiring everyone from interns to senior executives.
I can act as an executive coach for you and help you improve your management skills, and/or help you with any of the following:
- Recruiting and interviewing strategies.
- Onboarding processes and team mentorship.
- Providing effective feedback and performance reviews.
- Team motivation and chemistry.
- Dealing with problem employees.
2. User Interface/User Experience Design
I have spent over 15 years building award winning user interfaces for both consumer and enterprise companies,
working as both an independent designer and with some of the top design firms. I can help with:
- Usability studies and customer surveys.
- Wireframing and user flow designs.
- Visual design including color palettes and font choices.
- Design reviews and peer evaluations.
3. Marketing and Sales Strategies
I have successfully grown businesses from zero to hundreds of thousands of customers and tens of millions in revenue. I can help with:
- Designing your launch plans and messaging.
- Building a customer communications plan.
- Refining your sales pitch.
- Preparing for investor pitches.
4. Complex Algorithm Design
I have a Masters degree in computer science with a focus in Machine Learning, which I have applied to complex problems faced by real businesses.
I also provide open source libraries that implement common machine learning and other complex algorithms. I can help with:
- Complex algorithm design and evaluation.
- Machine Learning applications, model and feature selection.
- Complexity analysis.
5. Large Scale Software Systems Scaling
At Flurry, I built one of the largest data processing systems in the world spanning thousands of servers and multiple data centers. I can help with:
- Capacity planning and load testing.
- Security and compliance protection.
- Large scale/distributed software architecture.
- Systems design and monitoring strategies.
6. Analytics and Business Intelligence
I have helped dozens of companies across a dozen industries design their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics dashboards and analytics to help improve their business. I can help with:
- Analytics tool selection.
- KPI selection and monitoring.
- Metrics investigation and analysis.
- General business analysis and intelligence.